Wednesday, April 02, 2008

John Bright Grammar School, Llandudno, classmates


This would have been about 1959 /60. These lads were classmates of mine. John Williams, on the left, was also a Craig-y-Don Primary School classmate. I remember the headmaster, Mr Ellis, addressing the class one day and telling us that John's father had died. Poor lad. John would have been about ten-years-old. Mr Ellis used to frighten the living daylights out of me. At Craig-y-Don Primary School, at 9-years-of-age, I fell madly in love with Ann Swan ... but I don't think she fancied me ... my first taste of unrequited love ...
In the middle is John Nesbitt. I don't remember a lot about him, but I reckon he was a nice lad. On the right is Rene Hultier (sounds French, doesn't it? 'Allo, 'Allo)). I seem to remember Rene as being a funny chap. To my mind, Rene sometimes had that Teddy Boy look about him (in the nicest sense). I took this photo at a John Bright Grammar School sports day.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger colinhughabbott said...

Rene Hultier now lives in Ireland. Good on ya, Rene!

6:00 AM  
Blogger colinhughabbott said...

I think John might lately have pursued some lay activity with the Church (of England?). I'm not absolutely sure of this. Incidentally, I was a choirboy at St Paul's in Craig-y-Don. My singing was so atrocious ... that I became an atheist! Cheers!

4:53 AM  
Blogger colinhughabbott said...

A few months ago, the lovely Buddug Eddison (nee Hughes)and her husband Phil paid us a visit here in Western Australia. She was only here for a few days, but it was really lovely to see her. Buddug was a classmate at Craig-y-Don Primary School and John Bright Grammar School. Good on ya, Buddug!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home